Thursday, July 7, 2011

Night Rider


Night Rider
Originally uploaded by jojomamangun

188 of 365

Sometimes laziness can bring you somewhere unexpectedly good.

It took me more than an hour to make this miniature mini cooper interesting. I went from plain white to plain black back ground but found them boring. Add bokeh to make it more interesting right? Then, it took me more time to figure out a nice angle and lighting with the bokeh.

When I was happy with the angle and light with my LP120, I thought the bottom half of the frame was too dark. Here's where the laziness came in. I was too lazy to put up another stand and strobe for the bottom half. I remembered i had this led bike light in my drawer and since i was exposing for 2 seconds, why not "paint" it with light.

I did couple of exposures for the bottom half, sides, front, etc and masked them together in post. I figured it was easier that way. Ended up using 3 frames only.

No comments:

Post a Comment