Tuesday, July 5, 2011

185 and 186

not a very creative blog title and i apologize.

TipsyTuesday post below 185.

Summer is here
185 of 365

For a while now, I am more and more shifting back to using bridge. I like the simplicity and speed compared to other applications I've used.

The photo above is a product of my experimentation in Camera Raw. I was looking for a look that says summer, sun, fun. I was trying salvage boring photos i took from an event last night.

I saved the preset. drop me an email if you want to use or improve it. preset trade anyone?

Untitled
186 of 365

Just another night at our living room. This was supposed to be a one light exercise but turned out to be four freaking lights.

TipsyTuesday Post: Using a Shoot thru umbrella

A lot of shooters I know and follow on the internet is not really a big fan of shoot thrus. They say because of its parabolic shape, it throws light everywhere. It's hard to control. It is of course 100% true. But for the shooter on a budget or starting shooters, this is the first light modifier we usually have.

When I first got my lights. just 2 strobes with no intensity control (Forgot the term but its like a simple light bulb. I still have it to this day), it came with two umbrellas, one reflective and a shoot thru. The first time i was using them, I kept on using the shoot thru as a reflective. until i saw somewhere online that its actually called a shoot thru umbrella and i just figured why not put it the other way around. Genius, right?

Back to the tip.

I guess the strength of a shoot thru is that you can put it really close to your subject and produce a very soft light.

I use them all the time specially on location. it's easy to put up, easy to pack. Be careful when using it outdoors on a windy day though. go figure.

It's a very versatile piece of gear and dirt cheap too!

As usual, click on the photo for larger version.

Isn't it nice that I keep on posting photos of my wife and instead of mine? It's easier that way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment