Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jean

Jean
200 of 365

For this portrait, I was visualizing on a something that looks relaxed. You know, those moments when you just want to hang around with your book and a glass of wine. I was thinking soft lighting from one side coming from a window.

Lighting is quite simple. Got my hands on the biggest light modifier i have. the scrim from my cheapo 5in1 reflector is the biggest and most practical I have. I do have a 100cm octa but setting it up is really a pain in the butt! I thought it faster and easier to set up an extra stand and a reflector holder than deal with 8 rods from my octa. To imitate the light from the window (it was dark, grey and raining outside when we were shooting this, so real window light is not really an option), i placed the scrim as close as possible to him with my Quadra on the other side. and bam! "window" light! the window is not that big though.

by the way, the scrim is the only thing i'm keeping with my 5in1. the damn thing is starting to flake out and I have silver and gold dust over me now. what i get from being cheap.


(Jean is the founder of the wild and bare fine teas and is a chef and writer at the same time. More info can be found on the link above.)

No comments:

Post a Comment