Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Paparazzo


Paparazzo
Originally uploaded by jojomamangun


It's Tipsy Tuesday! More on that (tips) in a minute or less.

When I started this project, most of the photos were done in my afternoons. Sometimes it takes me hours to get the photo I was visualizing in my mind. But, I guess it's taking its toll already. I am running out of ideas most of the time. So what I am doing now is, instead of looking for ideas. I wait for it to come to me. Sort of.

I was watching this documentary "Teenage Paparazzo" by Adrian Grenier (from The Entourage). It was an "OK" documentary. I am not going to do a review about it because first of all, I can't. =)

Back to the photo and tip.

What I wanted to achieve here is to get that ringlight look without too much fuss. I do have an adapter but i don't really like the light output from it. It gives out a weird color shift. That's what I get for being cheap!

The lighting above is done with a single 580EX with an off-camera cord so that I can hold the light and rest it on top or the sides of the lens. That's why sometimes, if you notice, flashed photos from point and shoot cameras come out better than from DSLRs with external flashes. It's because the built in flash is very close to the lens.

It's a bit of wrestle holding both your camera and lens but that way I can still direct my light.

I don't recommend doing it in real life "paparazzi" situations though.

Shameless Plugging!

I just put up my Facebook (Fan) Page. I thought of doing this to keep my personal account more personal. "Like" me (?)

1 comment: