Thursday, June 23, 2011

Splashy


Splashy
Originally uploaded by jojomamangun

174 of 365

I've always wanted to do this, to photograph someone playing with water and splashing it around. It's been raining here all day and we found a good spot for a make shift night studio (just below our building) with pools of rain water. I thought of giving it a quick try.

My lighting wasn't what i had in mind. I would've added a front fill but forgot to bring my other flash. I did bring the stand for it though but I just forgot to put the unit in my bag. well, there's always a next time.

Since the 5D Mark II has no multiple exposure feature (one of the things I like with Nikon cameras), I had no choice but to layer it in PS.

Tip #1: play around with blending modes! I used screen blending mode for this one if you're wondering.

Tip #2: Visualize the final image before shooting or at least put your camera on a tripod for easier blending.

No comments:

Post a Comment